CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Measuring Frames

A few years ago my sister gave me some colored foam pieces and I didn't have a clue as to what to do with them.  They sat in my cabinet until this week.  I was working on measurement with my kids.  We spent time measuring everything in the room as I walked around with my clipboard doing informal common assessments. Then all of a sudden I decided my next move (no, it wasn't written in my lesson plans but I believe it is a sign of a good teacher--you know those impromptu things you do). I got the foam pieces out and told everyone we were going to be designing a frame with a picture. Every piece of foam we used, the students measured and wrote it down. We used words such as length and width and color words. So I wanted to share with you the fun we had.









2 comments:

  1. Kathy,
    You are one creative, motivating, and fun teacher! Your students learn so much from you and all of your brilliant ideas. Thanks for sharing because you're not only sharing your ideas and successes, but you are also sparking ideas for others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now follow your blog!

    awigginsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete